Thursday, March 6, 2008

Finding the right Caricaturist to entertain at your Party, Special Event, or Trade Show by Caricatures by Steve Nyman


Finding the right Caricaturist to entertain at your Party, Special Event, or Trade Show by Caricatures by Steve Nyman
Samples it's all about The Caricature Artist you will be hirings samples! Do not hire an artist without seeing their samples! Ask also to see Caricature samples of what they will be drawing at the party. Chances are the artists studio work will be hundreds of times better than what they do at a live event.
I always offer different options to my clients in the way of speed of drawings. How many caricatures per hour is necessary to service your party event or trade show. I would first establish the clients budget, the hours of the event, and the amount of guests at the event. Sometimes a event is very short, perhaps just even going for 1 hour. In this situation the client might be expecting 200 guests, they would need multiple artists drawing in order to service a event such as this. I've drawn at large events such as these in New York City, Tavern on the Green and providing the client with 4 artists. To cover a crowd of 200 people in one hour, the client really needed 20 ARTISTS, but the budget was not there for that event. Certainley the Cartoonists were overwhelmed being so popular and having such a short event to service time wise.
At a Trade Show the Caricaturist must draw as quick as possible without giving up on the quality of the likeness. Be assured that almost anyone will sit for the artist regardless of the quality of that artists work. But the drawing will probably either be thrown out or stuffed in a draw somewhere. What you need to represent your booth is an artist that has quality in their work, Excellent likeness' as well as great speed. That way the drawing that artist did ends up on the wall in their office or home. I had a client call me, she stated that they had connected with a new client at their Trade Show Booth in Las Vegas through the caricature I did. This client provided my client with thousands of dollars of new business, just on the enjoyment of the Caricature Portrait they had receieved that day. My client stated that I was worth everything they had spent costwise, by bringing in the new business to their company. She also told me that they had another artist the year before who was not as good and had no results. And she let me know that Caricature Artist had charged even more then I did. I told her that I greatly appreciated her business and enjoyed the compliment about my work.
Remember keep drawing and thanks for reading my Blog..
Caricatures by Steve Nyman

No comments: