Thursday, March 6, 2008

Different tools and mediums in caricature creation by Caricaturist Steve Nyman


Different tools and mediums in caricature creation by Caricaturist Steve Nyman
Posted Mar-05-08 12:55:04 PST Updated Mar-05-08 12:55:44 PST
I'm always asked what mediums or tools I use to create my caricature drawings। Realistically you can use anything you are comfortable with. Most caricaturists use markers such as sharpies. For many years I used a 229 LF Design Marker, that became my crutch. It was an awful experience when they were discontinued. Many caricature artists bought up dozens of the markers from suppliers. Once in awhile I'll see an cartoon artist still using these today. You can experiment by trying different mediums such as pencil, artstix, markers, crayons, pastels. Currently I mostly use pencil, but I enjoy pen and ink in my studio. The old dip pens in india ink still create wonderful caricature art. Just make sure the areas you work are dry before you move your hand accross the art, What a MESS! I also enjoy coloring caricatures digitally in photoshop. There are some wonderful tutorials on Youtube that show you how to color in photoshop. It really takes time to learn the program, pick up a book on ebay or amazon about photoshop.

www.aaacaricatures.com


http://www.aaacaricatures.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here. Best Caricature artist in New Jersey